At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the future of supporting a dynamic flexible workforce, this is your opportunity to make history. We are looking for a process driven, organized self-starter to join our Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Human Resources department as a HR Program Manager.
The HR Program Manager incumbent will work autonomously to lead critical GSF programs and initiatives with a primary focus on improving associate experiences in the United States. The role will require you to establish foundational knowledge of operational processes and associate experiences within GSF’s eight primary businesses. The ideal candidate earns trust, is highly organized, detail oriented, and one who thrives in a fast paced ever-changing innovative work environment. As a HR Program Manager the incumbent should share a passion for process and operational improvement, and a track record of thinking outside of the box to deliver innovations to better serve customers. The right candidate will have expertise in either process improvement, program/project management, or HR specialist functions.
The role requires collaboration between teams across Amazon with professionals at all levels. The HR PM will need excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning ability, experience collecting business requirements, and conducting change management in order to implement and improve processes. This role requires a passion for experimentation, knack for analytics, and ability to scrutinize data to make conclusions leading to improvements in associate experiences. The PM will need to use experiment findings to draw conclusions and influence stakeholders through document reviews. Within this role the PM will interact with stakeholders at all levels to document requirements, gather feedback, develop user stories, define objectives, and deliver results.
This role may have responsibility for GSF initiatives such as: Perfect Pay, associate engagement, flexible staffing, business expansions, and HR standard work.
· Ability to independently handle multiple projects and competing priorities across a diverse set of stakeholders and be flexible to help cover other HR tasks as they arise
· Lead projects ranging from continuous improvement, standard work, HR integration, and associate scheduling
· Perform hands on project management such as development of project plans, scheduling and planning, monitoring and status reporting against planned deliverables, benefits and milestones, resource and program tracking, development and management of risk, issue and action logs
· Lead and manage large scale, company-wide projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization, and close
· Proactively identify solutions to meet business objectives, taking into account the implications of change on the organization and all stakeholders
· Support on-going efforts to enhance our capabilities through training, development, and program improvements
· Engage directly with HR and Operations leaders to understand business needs for supporting a flexible workforce
· Work with tech partners as voice of business to collect and document business and functional requirements to develop, enhance, and implement relevant programs
· Create the future state designs incorporating technological enhancements, mistake and failure proofing concepts
· Communicate and train the future state processes to operators and users of the new processes
· Measure outcomes and outputs of projects and process improvement endeavors. Leverage quantitative results to inform direction of the business
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom
· Foster a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought leadership to and influencing change at all levels in the organization
· Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures across geographically distributed teams
· A bachelor's degree from an accredited university
· Experience in call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environments
· Experience leading cross-functional projects and managing company-wide programs
· Experience with MS Office Suite, HR Information Systems such as PeopleSoft or WorkDay
· Proficiency in QuickSight and SQL
· Ability to travel up to 25%
· Program Management and Change Management experience
· Human Resources experience, specifically supporting an hourly population
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment across multiple businesses
· Experience in or demonstrated ability to influence with or without formal authority
· Demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures and policies
· Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age