Amazon Alexa is changing the way people interact with machines. Alexa is acquiring new skills daily with the help of a vibrant 3P developer ecosystem. Do you want to join the team that delivers the best in class Alexa skills to Amazon’s customers? Do you want to build a team that is equally obsessed over customers and content developers? Then the Alexa Catalog Operations Product and Systems (COPS) team is where you want to be.
The mission of Alexa COPS Tech team is to protect trust of Alexa users. The team uses cutting edge technologies to develop large-scale platforms to analyze huge number of skill interactions by Alexa customers in real time and also also monitor customer sentiment regarding the skills on other feedback channels. The team uses various content classification and machine learning algorithms for solving complex business challenges.
the COPS team also work with the content operations team to build tech platform that simplifies and automates complex Skill Certification process to ensure the sanity of Alexa Skill catalog.
We are looking for Software Dev Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge technologies to Alexa customers!
Software Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
· Decide what features to build.
· Drive software engineering best practice.
· Design distributed and scalable systems.
· Test and document the software you develop.
If so, join us on the Alexa Tech team in Bellevue or Seattle, WA as a Software Engineer; an innovative and growing part of Amazon.com, Alexa COPS organization. We’re a group of talented engineers who are empowered and driven to build world class experiences for both developers and end users. We are continuing to innovate in the monitoring and analytics space and have some very exciting plans for the future. This is a rare opportunity to join a team in the initial phase of our design/development and directly influence our long-term strategy & success.
· Bachelor or Master's degree in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
· Experience with R, Python, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships.
· Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics or KPIs.
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· 3+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
· Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company.