Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon’s computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple RESTful web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
The AWS S3 team will be hosting interviews the week of April 13th 2020 in Kyiv Ukraine and will be hosting an Interview Tips and Tricks Networking Event where you will have the opportunity to meet with team members and participate in a break out sessions!
During our Networking Event we will have hors d’oeuvres and drinks and you can have causal and engaging dialogue about AWS. You can even invite a friend!
We have a very flat organizational structure and casual office vibe. We live and breathe our leadership principles. Our teams operate much like a start-up in that we try to keep them small, but leverage all the resources and stability of being the largest cloud provider. We often joke that service teams have to be “two pizza size”—if a group can’t be fed with two pizzas it’s too large and should be split up. This dynamic creates a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment with a lot of ownership, collaboration, and little red tape. You’ll rarely be the smartest person in the room working here— you’ll be surrounded by brilliant folks you can always learn something from.
The S3 team is seeking talented senior engineers to join our growing team in the following location:
· Vancouver, Canada
We offer our hires comprehensive family relocation packages, very competitive salaries and assistance with visa sponsorship.
Curious to learn more? Send your resume to Bridscot@amazon.com for consideration and more details.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· MS in CS or related field
· Experience building highly scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
· Familiarity with AWS services like EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities to drive operational excellence and best practices
· Systems design expertise