Amazon cross-channel marketing measurement and optimization team is looking for an economist to join us. The candidate will contribute to the science of marketing attribution systems and work with partner teams to design and analyze experiments.
This role requires an individual with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methods.
The candidate should have strong communication skills to work closely with stakeholders to translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Overall, the candidate’s responsibilities include:
· Build econometric models and conduct statistical/machine learning analyses to measure the financial impact of cross channel marketing spend
· Design and measure experiments
· Build scalable analytic solutions using state of the art tools based on large datasets
· Ph.D. in economics or highly related finance field
· At least one year work experience in applied statistics, econometrics, or consulting
· Experience in using one of Stata, R, or Python
· Experience with consumer-level data analyses
· Experience with marketing datasets
· Experience in working with big data tools
· Experience with program evaluation methodologies such as propensity - score matching and synthetic controls