Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive applied scientist with Computer Vision background to join the HIP team. As an applied scientist, you will invent, build and deploy state of the art machine-learning models and systems to enable and enhance the team's mission—real world incarnations of some of the most difficult academic problems.
As applied scientist, you will invent, build and deploy state of the art machine-learning models and systems to enable and enhance the team's mission—real world incarnations of some of the most difficult academic problems. You will partner closely with our engineering teams, present your work to product and engineering teams at Amazon, publish scientific papers and apply for patents for your inventions.
· Work on research projects in machine learning and related fields to create highly innovative customer experiences;
· Analyze large amounts of data to discover patterns, find opportunities, and develop highly innovative, scalable algorithms to seize these opportunities;
· Validate models via statistically rigorous experiments across millions of customers;
· Work closely with software engineering teams to build scalable prototypes for testing, and integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at very large scale;
· Work side by side with fellow applied scientists in the team.
Our team is located in our European headquarters in Luxembourg, in the heart of Europe.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a diverse and multicultural country located in the heart of Europe, bordered by France, Belgium and Germany, with a total population of around half a million. Luxembourg has Luxembourgish, French and German as national languages, with English spoken by the many expatriates and most locals. Luxembourg is known for banking, steel and a number of EU institutions plus an increasing number of technology-centric organizations. Luxembourg boasts a rich cultural scene and a high standard of living. http://www.promoteluxembourg.com
· Ms or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with specialization in Computer Vision
· Fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design, complexity analysis, mathematics and statistics.
· Proficiency in a major programming language (Python, Java, Scala or similar).
· Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with specialization in Computer Vision.
· Peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences.
· Experience with big-data processing libraries, eg. Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Pig, Hadoop or similar
· Experience with building and evaluating deep-learning models using major libraries eg: mxNet, TensorFlow, Keras or similar
· Experience working on gigabyte and terabyte-size datasets
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.