The Amazon Device and Services Design Group (DDG) creates revolutionary products like Echo, Fire TV, Alexa Communications, and more. We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated research scientist to raise the bar on how we gather and apply customer insights at Amazon and help us develop our next generation of customer experiences. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon’s next innovation?
The DDG UX Research team delivers insights that fundamentally shape and continuously improve our products’ customer experience and the way the organization understands and builds for our customers. This growing team is currently seeking a Senior Research Scientist to join us in this mission at our downtown Seattle studio.
In this role, you will:
· Help product teams and leadership determine the right research questions to ask, creating long-term research roadmaps and opportunity frameworks that align to and inform business strategy and goals.
· Define and execute (and, as necessary, invent) research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to surveys, A-B tests/experiments, and some remote testing.
· Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to perform quick and thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful, and actionable findings.
· Successfully persuade decision makers at all levels of the organization to take aligned action on research findings – inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers and differentiate our service.
· Translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned to business goals.
· Work with a wide range of business partners, particularly in analytics and product management, to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes, and iteratively design and test these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong.
· Advance the development of sophisticated insight-based knowledge management frameworks used to organizational drive decision-making and prioritization of investments.
· Generate insights and artifacts that influence and are adopted by other teams across Amazon.
· 6-8 years of industry research experience, with a strong portfolio that illustrates how your research informed decision-making, ideally in the digital products and services industry.
· Broad experience with the full range of quantitative research methods: survey design & sampling, data analysis and statistical modeling (descriptive and inferential statistics), A/B testing & experimentation, with some experience in behavioral analytics.
· Experience independently designing and running original experimental research on digital products and services.
· Skill in use of data analysis, data visualization, and knowledge management tools (e.g., Tableau).
· Experience researching and developing experiences for global markets.
· MA/MS in Quantitative Research, Experimental Psychology, Behavioral Economics, or a related field.
· Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment.
· Understanding of the product design process and how research is appropriately integrated at each phase.
· Deep understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and limitations.
· Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
· Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work.
· Strategic, business-building approach to research with a passion for translating data into bottom-line impact.· Experience in the utilization of qualitative data and the design and analysis of qualitative user studies (remote, in-lab, in-home) at plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation