Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon has invested in Amazon Logistics, a world class last mile operation. We are looking for a dynamic, resourceful, and organized Behavioral Research Scientist within Amazon Logistics’ Amazon Flex organization to develop the right data-driven solutions to support the most critical components of this rapidly scaling operation.
As an applied social scientist, you will work closely across with Flex and DSP Voice of the Driver teams to better understand our drivers. You will be expected to be a subject matter expert in qualitative analysis with the ability communicate highly complex findings to multiple audiences. The ability to understand and measure human behavior is also a highly valuable asset. You may come from one of many different types of mixed-methods backgrounds, but you must be comfortable with the complete research workflow, from research design to statistical analysis to reporting.
In addition to designing meaningful research questions and analyzing the resulting data, you must be able to see a full loop vision that goes beyond experimentation to conceptualizing design solutions, collaborating closely with multiple teams to ensure the relevance and impact of your work to business stakeholders. You will be responsible for establishing a driver survey and feedback framework in which larger programmatic questions can be assessed. Successful candidates will have a deep knowledge of applied survey and data collection methods, the ability to draw program-wide conclusions, the communication skills necessary to explain scientific approaches to a variety of stakeholders and customers, and the excitement to take iterative approaches to tackle big, long-term problems.
· Provide expertise in applied survey methods
· Task and behavioral analysis
· Manage large-scale research projects
· Consult and collaborate with stakeholders to develop survey content and design research studies
· Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages of the analysis process, including defining key research questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing analysis plans, interpreting and communicating results
· PhD in IO Psychology, Personality/Social Psychology, Sociology, Experimental Psychology, Statistics, or related field
· > 5 years of experience conducting large-scale applied research studies
· Experience analyzing experimental research data as well as big data from surveys and archival data
· Advanced Statistics (ANOVAs, regressions (ridge/lasso/hierarchical), HLM, longitudinal data analysis, factor analysis, cluster analysis or SEM/Path Analysis)
· Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, SAS, Python, etc.)
· Highly adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
· Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills
· Master's degree in IO Psychology, Personality/Social Psychology, Sociology, Experimental Psychology, Statistics, or related field
· 5-10 years of relevant experience described above
· Experience writing and communicating technical information for non-technical audience
· Experience with SQL, R, or Python, data warehouses, machine learning, and building automated analytical systems is a plus
· Experience leading complex (beginning to end) research projects with multiple stakeholders
· Domain expertise in work-related behavior
· Experience providing thought leadership and consultation