Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs, matching shoppers with advertised products with a high relevance bar and strict latency constraints. We work hand-in-hand with Machine Learning and NLP research scientists to come up with novel solutions that retrieves highly relevant ads. We consistently strive to improve the customer search and detail page experiences. You will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation, and shape the future of e-commerce. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
If you have the passion to build heuristics as well as machine learned models based on large-scale datasets, then the Amazon Sponsored Products Relevance team is a great place to be. The ideal candidate would have worked on distributed systems such as building data-driven systems or infrastructure that handle requests at large-scale or both. Experience with Machine Learning will be a bonus. Overtime, we do expect you to learn about Machine Learning and how feature engineering is done within Amazon. The opportunity challenges you to bring both science and engineering together to identify the most relevant Ads on Amazon’s product detail pages. Your work will impact the user experience of millions of Amazon’s customers.
As a Data Scientist in our team, you will collaborate directly with developers and scientist to produce modeling solutions, you will partner with software developers and data engineers to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code, and you will have exposure to senior leadership as we communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business. You will analyze large amounts of business data, automate and scale the analysis, and develop metrics that will enable us to continually delight our customers worldwide. As a successful data scientist, you are an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders. Your analytical abilities, business understanding, and technical savvy will be used to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems and look around corners for future opportunities. Your expertise in synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication will enable you to answer specific business questions and innovate for the future.
Major responsibilities include:
· Utilizing code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical models to solve specific business problems.
· Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
· Directly contribute to the design and development of automated selection systems
· Build customer-facing reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track system performance
· Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements and provide analytical support
· Communicating verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· MS with 2+ years of industry experience or Bachelors with 5+ years of experience in Quantitative field (CS, ML, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
· 3+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab)
· Experience in creating data driven visualizations to describe an end-to-end system
· Highly skilled in data and math/statistical methods (i.e. modeling, algorithms)
· Evidence of using of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc. in data analysis projects
· Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
· Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong ability to interact, communicate, present, and influence within multiple levels of the organization
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.