Are you a seasoned HR leader that's adventurous, innovative, able to move at the speed of light, and interested in using your HR skills to change the way the world interacts with technology? Are you interested in being in an HR organization that operates as a business and starts with our customers and works backward to deliver meaningful products to our businesses? Are you passionate about changing customers’ lives in significantly impactful ways? If this sounds exciting to you, then join the Amazon Devices HR team! We are hiring a senior HR Business Partner to support our Device Software and Services organization in our Seattle, WA location. The Device Software and Services team is working on allowing consumers to communicate with friends, family, peers, and colleagues by using their Alexa enabled devices to conduct video calls, voice chats, etc.
This role will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, he/she will own programs that run across the the broader HR team. To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You’ll help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention and the employee experience
This roll will also work closely with other HR resources and teams to drive key initiatives and projects in areas such as such as global organization design, diversity, leadership development, and scaling annual talent management processes.
This role requires flexible HR ninja skills, the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and locations. This role also requires a strong sense of humor - we like to have fun while we’re making history!
· BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· 8+ years of experience in an HRBP, HR Management or generalist leadership role, preferably in a high tech environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills
· PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Proven ability to diagnose issues, drawing on both professional experience and strategic thinking skills, and drive appropriate interventions
· Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
· Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
· Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
· Experience working with global teams, and driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization
· Able to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
· Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor
· The ideal candidate will have developed a vision and strategy that inspires teams and partners in a dynamic, high-velocity environment. This candidate will have had experience in applying operational excellence techniques to implement a vision.
· This leader will have demonstrated the ability to strike the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance. They will be highly analytical about leading the function and ensure that the organization rigorously measures and analyzes the right things to drive success.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age