Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them by working with suppliers to enhance our selection and maximize product availability.
Amazon is looking for a talented and driven Associate Vendor Manager to join the Shoes team to deliver on three strategic areas, including: selection, customer experience and vendor partnerships. All three areas play a pivotal role in offering the best selection, at the best price, and at the right time to our customers. You will have the opportunity to work with both internal and external stakeholders to build long term relationships. You will be responsible for prioritizing selection with leadership, managing the selection pipeline with vendors, helping enhance the customer online experience, creating scalable efficiencies to internal/external processes and building out vendor facing materials to continuously educate the vendor community.
A successful Associate Vendor Manager will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive prioritization, identify opportunities, improve conversion and provide ad-hoc metrics for the Softlines team. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about a business, with the ability to build clear processes, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership and drive to deliver results is a must.
Key responsibilities of this position includes:
· Prioritization of selection requirements and building consensus with stakeholders.
· Managing the strategic selection pipeline for Vendor Managers.
· Introducing and running processes internally with key stakeholders and externally with vendors to streamline new item setup and on-boarding.
· Building offer density depth across the vendor base.
· Evaluating economic and strategic costs and benefits of partnerships to ensure we are investing resources wisely.
· Work with Amazon Softlines business teams to drive campaigns and projects.
· Liaise with the Inventory teams to assist in decision making processes for managing stock and inventory.
· Build internal and external reports to monitor new selection.
· Conduct business reviews with Vendor Managers and senior management regarding progress and roadblocks.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years of account/vendor management or similar experience.
· Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
· Excellent communication skills to convey key insights from complex analyses in business terms to both internal and external parties.
· Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
· Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
· Analytical problem solving abilities and ability to work with data
· Thrives under pressure and working to aggressive timelines.
Ability to quickly learn a varied set of tools (including SQL, Excel and Access) is necessary, and prior experience is a plus. Prior experience with presentation, organization, and account/vendor management is preferred.