Senior Manager – Product Management, Cross-border Listings
Are you looking for a leadership role which allows you to invent the future of how Sellers on Amazon scale their businesses worldwide? Do you want a highly visible and inherently global role working across multiple teams with the opportunity to have a significant impact from day 1? Are you passionate about hiring and developing a world-class team of Product Managers? If so, then keep reading as this could be the role for you.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Senior Manager to lead the teams owning all of the products and services Amazon has built to help Sellers on Amazon to expand their product listings into new geographies around the world. These products have revolutionized how huge numbers of Sellers have expanded their businesses, enabling these Sellers to offer new and unique products to Amazon customers around the world.
As Jeff Bezos says in his 2018 letter to shareholders “..And why were independent sellers able to grow so much faster than Amazon’s own highly organized first-party sales organization? There isn’t one answer, but we do know one extremely important part of the answer: We helped independent sellers compete against our first-party business by investing in and offering them the very best selling tools we could imagine and build.” We now looking for a new leader to build the next generation of these tools.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to be the thought leader and pioneer the next stage of invention for this space. The ideal candidate is a passionate individual who loves working in a dynamic, ambiguous and fast paced environment in which managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm. This is an inherently global and highly visible role leading a team with an exceptional track record of performance. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams across Amazon and have a significant impact from day 1.
In this role you will be the single threaded leader for all of products and services which enable Sellers to expand and manage their cross-border selection. You will be one of the most senior leaders on the team, owning a set of highly visible product and business goals. The successful candidate will bring strong business judgement, a track record of developing and implementing new ideas and in managing product teams.
· Defining the strategy, vision and roadmap for scaling our existing products and tools
· Innovating on behalf of our Sellers to define the next generation of products which Sellers will use for years to come
· Own reporting and communication to senior leaders across Amazon
· Ownership of the end-to-end product experience and product development roadmap
· Manage and develop a high performing team of product managers and business analysts
· Lead investment, prioritization and trade off discussions
· Identify and measure product and business metrics to drive improvements and better understand our Customer’s and Seller’s needs
· 10+ years of data driven product management experience including partnering closely with software development teams
· 5+ years of experience managing teams of product managers and business analysts
· Proven ability to develop and manage a team to deliver the right results
· Experience building a compelling vision for a large and ambiguous space and to work across diverse stakeholder groups to deliver against this vision
· Track record of managing complex product development cycles and working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize projects
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to analyze data and develop metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, data-driven, and entrepreneurial environment
· MBA Preferred
· International business experience