Amazon Games Orange County is looking for a talented and driven Release Manager to join the New World game team in Orange County. This person will be responsible for managing and optimizing the release lifecycle for New World, from initial launch through gameplay updates and patches. A successful Release Manager will work across the New World team to monitor and correct the live game while simultaneously coordinating the rollout of new gameplay experiences to customers.
This is a full time position at our office in Irvine, California.
What you'll do:
· Work with the New World leadership team to define a release cadence for the game.
· Collaborate with New World product owners, technical leads and producers to define the desired scope of each release.
· Define and communicate internal deadlines and standards to the New World team.
· Track release progress and resolve or escalate risks that could affect scope or timing.
· Own the team’s tools and processes for 24x7 live game monitoring and response.
· Track customer-impacting issues in the live game and drive fixes into release vehicles.
· Partner with Quality Assurance to validate both planned releases and rapid-response changes.
· Work with the Marketing and Community teams to communicate releases and live game changes to customers.
· 3+ years of experience working in software project management and/or game production
· 1+ year of experience producing a life software product or game
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science, Operations Management, Logistics, or another applicable field
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate large cross-functional teams
· Have shipped at least one AAA game as a producer
· Experience with DevOps and Continuous Delivery
· Experience with a Scrum development environment
· Experience coordinating with remote teams
· Proficient in Jira and Confluence
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age