AWS’s Quantum Computing team is looking for a motivated and experienced research scientist to lead research and publication efforts focused on quantum error correction and quantum bench marking, Our team owns Braket which helps you get started with quantum computing by providing a development environment to explore and design quantum algorithms, test them on simulated quantum computers, and run them on your choice of different quantum hardware technologies.e are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team with a strong bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As leader of the quantum algorithms team you influence our team of scientists who are working on procedures to build quantum computers more reliably and methods to benchmark the performance of quantum hardware. You lead the exploratory research and prototyping of new schemes and simulation software for error correction resource estimates and benchmarking. You are also responsible for writing and publishing articles that distinguish Amazon as a cutting edge thought leader in quantum computing. You will share the ownership of the technical vision and direction for quantum computing. We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a startup environment, thinks big, can move fast.. If you excel at proposing and developing quantum computing and are passionate about creating the future, come join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Develop improved schemes for error correction
· Develop benchmark tools for quantum hardware
· Contribute to growing the research quantum team and mentor team members for career growths.
· PhD in in quantum computing.
· 10+ years of experience in quantum computing and error correction R&D.
· Strong track record of high quality and high impact technical publications.
· Demonstrated ability to lead research projects and identify fruitful research directions
· Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional teams
· Experience in applying scientific principles