Amazon believes the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
WHO YOU ARE:
As an Engineering Manager, you will provide the technical leadership to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering excellence in the categories of operational support tools and technologies. You will be a key voice in establishing priority of focus in development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible function within Amazon Games Studios. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the operational service and the feature roadmap that supports our game development and publishing teams and ultimately our gaming customers. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
You will work on some of the key operational initiatives planned to support Amazon Game Studios and our flagship MMORPG title, New World (www.newworld.com). In the process you will solve some of the most challenging launch, scale, and operational maintenance problems we face as a development team.
· Mentor and lead your team of developers.
· Advise senior leadership to help drive business decisions that balance the requirements from both internal and external stakeholder teams.
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform operational services that improve performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
· Help architect and implement high-quality distributed operational tools and technologies.
· Facilitate dependency and delivery discussions between your team and customer and vendor support teams.
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are working on the most important initiatives.
Areas of operational ownership include, but are not limited to:
· Product Build and Deployment systems with business logic validation
· Source Control Management and Operations
· Customer Service Tools Development
· Game Community Management Tools Development and Operations
· Distributed Development Tools Platforms and Operations
· Release Management Tools Development and Operations
· Oversight of the Creation and Maintenance of NOC strategies and Dev Operations Runbooks
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
· 5+ years videogame industry experience in designing operational software architecture, leading software development groups, and operating scalable software systems, for MMORPG or “games as service” products.
· 3+ years experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases, with particular focus on cloud architecture.
· 1+ years experience coaching software development engineers including code review and design review.
· 1+ years experience defining metrics, establishing success criteria, and tracking system performance against goals.
· Experience using Amazon Web Services; AWS Cloud Practitioner or higher certification.
· Object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ preferably on Windows and/or Linux platform).
· Requirement analysis, failure analysis and API design.
· Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges.
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and operational value.
· Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and customer support.
· Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.