The DAC Econ Video team is looking for an economist to support strategic projects in the Amazon Video business. Amazon Video provides value to our customers as both a key Prime membership benefit and separately as a retail outlet for digital downloads and streams of top TV and Movie titles.
As an economist in DAC Econ focusing on Amazon Video, you will be responsible for understanding the value that the business creates for our customers and for Amazon’s extensive ecosystem. This role requires an individual with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methods to large amount of individual level data. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
· Build scalable analytic solutions using state of the art tools based on large datasets
· Build econometric models, conduct statistical/machine learning analyses, or design experiments to measure the value of the business and its many features
· Partner closely with Business, Finance, Science, and Tech partners to implement production solutions
· Independently identify new opportunities for leveraging economic insights and models in the Video business
· Write both technical white papers and business-facing documents to clearly explain complex technical concepts
· Ph.D. in economics or highly related finance field
· Experience in working with big datasets.
· Experience in using one of Stata, R, or Python is required
· Experience with consumer-level data analyses
· Experience with program evaluation methodologies such as propensity - score matching and synthetic control
· Experience working with tech teams to launch production models and to conduct experiments at scale
· 1-2 years work experience in applied statistics, econometrics, or consulting
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation