(Based in Toronto, Canada)
Imagine supporting an agile team in the development of cutting edge products with the potential to reach millions of Canadians. Envision being able to support the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
The Amazon Music team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come support the Amazon Music team!
As a Music Marketing Manager in Canada, you will support campaigns that increase overall market awareness of the service, drive partnerships, and grow engagement. You will be will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and operate with a high attention to detail, and will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done – you’ll sweat the small stuff. The ideal candidate has experience working closely with a variety of associates in the label and artist community as well as third-party business partners. The ideal candidate is a passionate marketing leader who has a track record of achieving (and measuring) great results through fostering third party partnerships and launches. This marketing leader needs to be passionate about measuring results and ROI and supportive of long term success.. He or she will be known for recommending new things and identifying areas of scale. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to be creative, to recommend and support effective marketing partnerships and programs, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and support aggressive timelines. Above all, this person must have a passion for understanding what drives Canadian consumer behavior and the experience to turn those learnings into action. The successful candidate has proven experience in supporting campaigns from inception, to execution, to recap and everything in between. They are passionate about diving deep, measuring results and finding opportunities in the data.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Campaign manage all label marketing partnerships for Canada
· Brief and collaborate with internal and external teams on creative development and media channel optimization
· Measure and report on artist and Amazon KPIs
· Work cross-functionally to ensure Canadian label marketers and third party partners have the latest Amazon Music tools and branding while adopting best practices
· Support and measure the effectiveness of Canadian partner campaigns that drive awareness and acquisition, engagement, and adoption for Amazon Music
· Develop insight-driven, client facing narratives that highlight the mutual benefits of partnering with Amazon Music.
· Demonstrate ability to work at the strategic level (generating and effectively communicating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (supporting campaign execution, analyzing data and solving problems).
· Assess the needs of the business and teams to build an active pipeline that supports acquisition growth, customer engagement, and market awareness.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of marketing experience
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Track record of performance excellence supporting high quality executions across multiple media channels on-time
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills - ability to capture and use various data points to develop and measure marketing programs
· 5+ years marketing experience working with external partners/agencies on repeatable campaigns
· Bachelor's degree
· MBA and 5+ years’ experience in / marketing
· Bilingual – French/English
· Lead cross-functional teams to deliver partnerships and projects on time.
· You are a self-starter and can juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· An entrepreneurial drive, prove ability to influence others
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.