Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Start your career with the best! Be part of the team defining the modem architecture of Project Kuiper’s broadband wireless system from customer end points to terrestrial gateways via Low Earth Orbit satellites.
This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints. The team works with customer requirements and channel conditions to design an efficient and high performance wireless modem waveform.
In this role you will:
· Work within a team and take responsibility for high bandwidth wireless system architecture
· Work with some of the best and most experienced Communications Systems engineers in the industry
· Do cutting-edge design, pushing the link performance close to the Shannon limit while still meeting complexity constraints
· Work closely with implementation teams to design and verify robust implementations of the modem design
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Master's or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
MS degree and 3+ years of experience OR PhD and 0+ years of experience
Experience with MatLab
Experience in DSP
· Masters and 5+ years of related experience OR PhD and 2+ years of related experience
· Fundamental understanding of probability and estimation theory
· Good understanding of modern wireless waveforms such as OFDM and OFDMA
· Understanding of Forward Error Correction codes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age