Corp FP&A is seeking a Financial Manager to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team. This Finance leader will be the key technical finance data lead for automated transformation for Global Allocations, Cash Flow, and Capex programs. This successful manager will be a trusted finance advisor working closely with various stakeholders including Accounting, Finance, and Financial system teams to solve complex problems that directly impact financial reporting. The successful candidate will design new processes and enhance existing reports and models that make our data more actionable.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing being a subject matter expert who owns and supports decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires the candidate to convey complex financial programs in a clear and simple manner so all business leaders can understand and react.
This Finance Data Manager role is a unique opportunity that will require a hybrid skillset of accounting, finance, and Big data systems integration. This individual should be able to understand end to end process related to data sourcing, data exchange, data translation, and load processing to target data points. This Finance Manager will be an individual contributor that is technically sound and capable of diving deep into variances with the intellectual curiosity to have a bias for action when gathering variance explains for Opex allocations. Solid understanding of allocations and intercompany transactions. An entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to help identify and drive transformation through the principles of invent and simplify.
This Finance Data manager role will be the primary owner for driving stability and transparency into the way we optimize the allocation program across Amazon. This individual contributor will not have any direct reports. The candidate must be able to executive key business objectives independently and work cross functionally as opportunities are needed. I see this role expanding beyond Opex Allocations to include Cash flow and Capex data transformation as well.
· Own the Global Allocations processes that impacts Revenue and Operating expenses
· Provide Global Allocations validation and tie out reports to the business functions
· Communicate Quality Assurance validation window to all impacted global businesses
· Monthly Allocation Exception footnote for deck validation
· Finance Transformation lead for Global Allocations Program automation
· Drive process improvement that will advance financial reporting and analysis
· Have a strong voice with the ability to communicate clearly across the total finance organization
· Build and produce monthly reports that will show financial impacts driven by changes to allocation programs
· Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for system enhancements
· Manage Custom Allocation Drivers
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated curiosity to learn complex new subjects quickly and earn business partners’ trust
· Experience in working with financial reporting systems; Cognos or Essbase experience a plus
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Experience optimizing financial reports to improve transparency and highlight variances.
· Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to quantify and dollarize complex business questions
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep on ambiguous challenges and deliver actionable insight
· Excellent written communication skills
· MBA preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.