Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online? What kinds of processes and systems would you build to maximize customer satisfaction? Amazon is seeking a Sr. Program Manager who is passionate about providing exceptional quality service, thinks globally, and has the ability to contribute innovative ideas.
The Buyer Risk Prevention group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize Customer trust in Amazon.com.
We are searching for top-notch Program Managers to drive key initiatives improving our interaction with Customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project identification and governance: Identifies effective project opportunities across BRP by conducting process studies using value stream maps or other suitable techniques. Leads the execution of projects across Operations and Technology teams to improve end-to-end Customer Experience.
- Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes and to ensure the completion within established timeframes. Drives and facilitates moderately complex projects; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes.
- Reporting: Reporting on progress of multiple projects, providing regular updates to senior management.
- Collaboration: Partners with (advises and supports) leaders across the organization in optimizing the Customer experience.
- Bachelors degree
- Demonstrated program management experience (5+ years)
- Proven knowledge of quantitative, consultative, and facilitative/leadership skills
- Proficiency with Excel, and intermediate to advanced knowledge of Oracle, SQL, OBIEE
- Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and work under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to drive projects efficiently in a cross-functional environment by establishing respect and confidence in the business and technical communities
- Proven ability to motivate and focus people resources where there is no direct reporting relationship
- Experience in technical requirements gathering and the ability to document technical requirements is a strong plus
- Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of judgment to make appropriate decisions around diverse and undefined issues
- Experience in a Customer Service organization/role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.