Amazon is seeking a Finance Manager to lead an operations finance team and partner with the Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) organization. This organization has responsibility for end to end operational processes which support customer fulfillment and experience. Specifically, this role supports several programs including Whole Foods Market Delivery, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Pantry, Treasure Truck, and other key speed initiatives. These programs are expanding and evolving quickly operating as startups within Amazon. As a Finance Manager, you will play a critical part in shaping strategic objectives of the program while managing operational expenses, and championing new packaging design. This role is a mixture of financial controllership and business partnership where your goal is to be an integrated member of the business team with an eye on financial excellence. In this role you will identify continuous opportunities to improve operating performance. You will leverage your analytical capabilities and unique background to recommend strategic investment decisions, drive benchmarking and standardization initiatives, streamline planning/reporting process, and advocate for customer experience through data analytics. The role requires an individual who can manage through ambiguity and be flexible in a startup environment. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing data-based decision making. To succeed in this role candidates will be a leader who continuously looks for areas of improvement, and likes to invent new solutions through collaboration with teams who possess advanced analytical, and quantitative capabilities.
· Finance Manager with 7+ years experience including 2+ years leading a team.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· Experience creating advanced financial modeling including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Experience working with business intelligence teams to translate large data sets into useful information and actionable priorities
· Ability to travel; 5%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
· MBA preferred
· Leadership experience within a startup environment demonstrating the ability to invent and scale financial processes and systems
· Ability to manage and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment with a high degree of ambiguity
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to develop prioritization roadmaps, and meet tight deadlines with a bias for action
· Advanced experience demonstrating innovative problem solving skills and ability to drive root cause analysis
· Familiarity with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age