The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16-week paid Returner’s program for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking some time off. The program is open to candidates who have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make new connections. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Who We Are:
Have you shopped on Amazon.com or using any of our mobile apps? If so, our team helped make sure you got those results! We're looking for inventive people to help us make the shopping experience on Amazon even better. If you have some big ideas and the drive to make things happen, we want to talk. Join us to help make Amazon's shopping experience even better!
What We Do:
The Amazon team in Palo Alto works to delight customers and help them find what they want. We are the crucial connection to help customers easily find the products they want to purchase in Amazon's diverse and ever-changing product catalog. We partner with other teams at Amazon to help teams improve the way customers discover what they're looking for.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You’ll help define what shopping and discovery experiences delight customers, work with other teams, propose ideas and solutions during sprint planning with your team, implement big ideas, and then measure the results. Engineers on our team have proposed ideas that have delighted Amazon customers.
• 3 or more years of experience in software development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with object oriented and functional programming concepts (Java, Scala, C++, Python).
• Proficiency in Data structures and Algorithms.
• Experience building large scale web applications.
• Experience with Scrum or Agile development a plus.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale full stack development, building complex distributed systems, designing massive global networks.