Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team .
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
In this role, you will be responsible for setting up the lab, lab equipment, and tools. You will procure parts for EE team and assist with board modification such as fine pitch soldering and BGA rework. You will have strong troubleshooting skills down to component levels as well as possess the ability to execute complex, detailed test procedures with minimal input from engineering and minimal supervision.
· 3+ years of experience in a Consumer Electronics lab environment
· Educational background in AS Electronics Engineering
· Technician or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience of PCB soldering, SMT, BGA components, and wire
· 3+ harness assembly skills years of experience with proper laboratory,
· Experience operating characterization equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, temp chambers, IR Gun, power supplies, electronic loads, DMM, RF equipment
· Experience managing multiple demanding deadlines, as well as be able to work across multiple teams
· Experience performing complicated solder / de-solder / miscellaneous rework to get ICs / circuit boards / products to work for test / characterization / DOE purposes
· Experience profiling BGA machine equipment
· Experience planning and maintaining lab facilities for optimal efficiency and creating new processes when necessary
· Experience with lab safety, security and quality practices
· Experience organizing, procuring and maintaining adequate stock of critical components for rapid prototyping
· Experience organizing and maintaining calibrated stock of critical test equipment for troubleshooting and debug
· Experience with assisting in the bring-up of prototypes, FA and characterizations of proto boards
· Experience interpreting schematics and managing sourcing of quick-turn proto boards development, including vendor management, kitting, delivery and testing
· Experience mentoring and assisting Hardware Engineers and interns
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.