Amazon Strategic Sourcing secures the supplier technology, solutions, and capacity required to deliver the automated technology road-map, including automated conveyor, packaging automation, robotic manipulation, and auto identification & quality products. Our team also directs the MHE sourcing and supplier development for the customer fulfillment and transportation buildings. These solutions require continuous engineering development, emerging and disruptive technology innovations and long-term supplier partnerships. We are filling a key role on our Global Sourcing team.
Amazon is seeking a Global Sourcing Lead to partner with internal business owners and key stake holders to drive procurement and operational value for Amazon. This role is expected to operate at a strategic and tactical level to develop comprehensive category strategies incorporating regional and business specific requirements, global and international suppliers, and innovative and comprehensive business requirements, and supporting sourcing analytics. The scope of the Global Sourcing focuses primarily on the integrated automation for our WW Operations, including material handling equipment, robotics, conveyors, controls, and related professional services. The Global Sourcing Lead will work closely with the Strategic Sourcing team to execute long-term strategic plans to maximize global value for Amazon. These responsibilities include supplier management, program/project procurement, contract management, and performance management. Global Souring will often partner in these activities with WW Operations, WW Engineering, Operations Engineering, Reliability Maintenance Engineering, Legal and Finance.
· Support multi-year strategic plans for MH category spend management and supplier base development.
· Implement plans to maximize supplier performance: capacity, cost, quality, delivery and safety.
· Partner with Worldwide and Regional stakeholders to qualify, manage and source key, assigned suppliers including MHE integrators and advanced technologies solution providers.
· Develop and nurture strong strategic relationships with key suppliers and business partners to deliver, seeking to continually raise the bar, their performance objectives for the business.
· Lead, supported by Global Souring leadership, corresponding assigned program/projects procurement.
· Facilitate suppliers’ understanding of Amazon policies, equipment design standards, budget and cost targets, and service and quality expectations.
· Develop and utilize improved metrics and data driving decision making capabilities.
· Improve overall organizational capability through systems and processes.
· Drive continuous improvement and value engineering initiatives throughout the organization.
· Support common (standard work) supplier selection processes, supplier development processes, and continued managed expansion of the supplier base.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 4+years Amazon experience.
· 2-5+ years of domestic/international procurement or operations experience including category management, large project negotiations, supplier development or contract management of over $25 million annual spend.
· Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence, negotiate, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Experience in developing and managing contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
· Procurement negotiation, supplier management and contract management experience.
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up recommendations and develop business cases.
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, projects, solution designs, technology innovations, and opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our capital equipment procurement processes.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Positions requires up to 25% travel; this can include international travel.
· Master's Degree (MBA or Technical)
· “Should Cost” or “Zero based” product modeling and category strategy development.
· Experience partnering closely with stakeholders and/or regional procurement partners.
· Experience leading the implementation of new processes, systems, metrics and tools in a procurement or supply chain organization.
· Ability to interpret financial data and apply to decision making.
· Basic understanding of Mechatronics and/or material handling automation.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Proven influencing and negotiation skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation