Amazon Game Studios (AGS) is seeking an experienced QA Engineer to join our Seattle-based game studios in bringing immersive and engaging gaming experiences to Amazon’s customers everywhere. Lead the testing effort on key features of a video game from start to finish -- test planning, test execution, leading a team of contract testers or outsourced vendors, reporting project status and signing off on the release criteria. We’ll challenge you to step beyond merely testing the product and truly affecting the overall quality of the development process. It’s a big responsibility and a great opportunity for the right candidate.
At AGS, we believe games will become the number one form of entertainment on Earth and be defined by their ability to deeply engage communities of fans inside and outside of the playing experience. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time and grew to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. This role will empower game studios to confidently and continually release high-quality products that delight customers worldwide.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· 3+ years of overall software QA/development experience
· 1+ years experience developing and executing high-quality test plans
· 1+ years experience in scripting, user-level test automation and performing white-box testing
· Experience shipping 2+ products (guiding them through a full QA process)
· Knowledge of video games and digital entertainment
· Demonstrated ability to improve test coverage and effectiveness
· Experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC, console, mobile, etc.)
· Experience with specialized and technical testing. Examples include security, network protocols, multiplayer features, stress and performance testing, or publisher certification
· Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
· Familiarity with release management and/or community engagement job roles
· ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age