Amazon AppStream 2.0 is a fully managed, secure application streaming service that allows you to stream desktop applications from AWS to any device running a web browser, without rewriting them. Amazon AppStream 2.0 provides users instant-on access to the applications they need, and a responsive, fluid user experience on the device of their choice. See https://aws.amazon.com/appstream2/
The Role: Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer-II to join the Amazon AppStream 2.0 team and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities. We are enabling powerful end-user experiences that make it easy for customers to access desktop applications from a web browser. In this role, you will work with other engineers, product managers, and UX designers to conceptualize and create responsive and scalable web applications.
Creating the perfect user experience in a web environment requires a blend of technical knowledge, customer obsession and agility. You should be somebody who is interested in how the various components (browsers, networks, APIs, protocols and web servers) work together, and understand how they can be effectively used together to create great user experiences. You will work closely with customers to ensure we are delivering interfaces that make it easy to do complex tasks, without making the experience challenging. You will be part of a small, fast moving team that will have a huge impact on the overall AppStream 2.0 business. If employing your skills at scale, and working in a dynamic and delivery focused environment interests you, this is the perfect role.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s or equivalent years of experience
· 1+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on web applications and frontend technologies
· Computer Science fundamentals in OO design, data structure, and algorithm design
· Demonstrated UI implementation experience, and with a portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements and
· Familiarity with creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces
· Experience in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
· Experience with streaming media and HTML5 multimedia features
· Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
· Familiarity with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebSockets and WebRTC
· Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development
· Experience with deployments, dev ops, and / or AWS
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.