Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing, is looking for a highly analytical and detail-oriented individual with experience in building and implementing data protection policies to support marketing programs and activities.
The AWS EMEA Marketing team plans and executes various marketing programs and activities throughout the year to enable customer engagement and education. These marketing programs and activities capture, utilise and maintain customer data and require scalable data protection policies. This role will build, implement and maintain robust procedures to ensure that customer data is created, processed and retired in a way that enhances data protection & privacy policies. The role will also act as a business reporting analyst to showcase underlying trends by building a suite of reports for business users.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Works with marketing program owners, agencies and vendors that support marketing programs and activities to understand and clearly detail current data flow process, identify gaps, actively build processes to fix those gaps and implement change
· Audit & maintain a holistic map of all data flows (via marketing programs & activities) and use that information to build a data protection policy for all marketing activities that involve customer data capture, storage and processing.
· Develop a risk assessment framework for each type of program & activity to quantify the types of risks and cost associated to each of them and introduce a multiplier if non AWS entities are added to the each type.
· Conduct regular audits of 3rd party providers with access to customer data for quality control based on the operating procedures developed
· Document and create a comprehensive paper trail of all data capture and processing efforts from the marketing programs.
· Gather business reporting requirements from various stakeholders and build a design, build deployment roadmap
· Support various marketing teams in creating a robust suite of reports highlighting trends and KPI tracking via powerful visuals
· Communicate high level business insights using the reporting suite and providing contextualised access to data for various business users.
· Bachelors degree in Business Management/Operations/Finance/Economics or equivalent experience. Academic background in IT security a plus.
· Understanding of CRM (Salesforce.com), Marketing Automation (Marketo) and project management system (Workfront) and visualisation platforms such as Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik.
· Understanding of and/or experience working with data flow processes related to marketing programs, activities, campaigns etc.
· Strong Analytical skills – has ability to ask right questions, analyze data, draw conclusions and test hypothesis.
· Extensive work experience in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization - high-tech products/services/consulting preferred.
· Communication skills – Demonstrated ability to communicate complex business problems in simple and data backed narrative format.
· Ability to work effectively & independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and engage with cross-functional teams for implementation of project/program requirements.
· Execution level understanding of SQL (query relational databases)
· Ability to define and create data structures in RDS, Aurora, MySQL databases
· Working knowledge of building data pipelines in ETL platforms such as Talend, Informatica
· Project Management - Ability to use Workfront, Basecamp, MS Project