Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training & Certification team is seeking an experienced Technical Editor to create and drive quality standards and edit and produce AWS technical certification exams in a rapidly evolving and expanding landscape for global delivery. The ideal candidate will have experience editing technical test items and technical skills assessment material, be detail driven and have the ability to drive consistency and unity across multiple content deliverables. Working with Exam Development Program Managers on the team, you will use the editorial process to ensure a high-quality content experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Manage and maintain the editing process ensuring multiple quality checks for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style.
· Manage and maintain an internal style guide and word lists for group use.
· Review style guide for accuracy
· Manage editing schedules and workflows and communicate the schedules internally
· Periodically audit and review exam items to determine whether format or content changes/updates are required. Meet with subject-matter experts for concurrence as to content changes.
· Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing and publishing, including technological enhancements that may affect the corporation.
· Facilitate and assist with exam development workshops (as needed)
· A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering results
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in English, Technical Communication, or related field
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience editing content using/managing a style guide
· Demonstrated experience editing highly technical developer or systems administration documentation
· 3+ years experience editing technical IT exams
· 3+ years experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities
· Developmental and copy editing skills
· Experience with web services and related technologies
· Some experience working in an agile programming environment
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· Advanced grammar skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.