PillPack is an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon, acquired in 2018. Our mission is to deliver the right medications to our customers at the right times without the complexity and frustration of the traditional healthcare system. We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our growing IT team. You’ll help drive our IT project roadmap and deliver scalable systems and configurations that grow with our business.
In this role, you will work on a team of highly skilled Network Engineers responsible for the end-to-end ownership of our IT infrastructure network and related infrastructure IT systems. This includes the design/architecture, definition and enforcement of standards, security, sustainability/scalability, deployment, and operations of our current and next generation networks.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time, and possesses a strong background in Ethernet and IP networks. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment is essential.
· Design, deploy, administer, and support on-premise network architecture and integration with Virtual Private Networks
· Administer and support solutions in support of Amazon InfoSec roadmap and cyber security
· Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation
· Apply and ensure adoption of best practices in documentation, testing, security, operation at scale, and efficient use of resources
· Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiencies
· Participate in rotating on-call coverage for nights and weekends to provide 24-hour support
· Ensure scalability, availability, reliability, and security for applications & infrastructure
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s degree in IT, System Engineering, Computer Science, or requisite equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
· 5+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
· Experience with both traditional and cloud networking and network services (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Routing protocols, VLANs, VPN, LDAP/Active Directory)
· Experience in designing and building out LAN/WAN networks with depth in managing routers, firewalls, and switches
· Experience with security best practices in server configuration, tool development, and access controls
· Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos
· Demonstrated experience in automation via scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash)
· Previous experience working with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
· Experience with Windows and Linux administration
· Experience with enterprise monitoring system deployment and configuration
· Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
· Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Familiarity with compliance requirements (SOX, HIPAA, PCI)
· Experience deploying or managing a large-scale, geographically diverse infrastructure environment
· Strong automation experience that follow software development disciplines with strong knowledge of the DevOps process
· Experience with Ansible, configuration as code and infrastructure automation
· Experience with hybrid infrastructure in enterprise-wide environments
· Experience with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role