Are you excited to be a member of a new science and analytics team?
Are you passionate to measure Amazon shopper’s perception using scientific solutions?
Are you the one who is full of ideas and economics rigor ?
The Customer Behavior Analytics (CBA) Org builds products from the ground up to serve internal teams. Products we developed include Downstream Impact (DSI) framework, Customer Targeting applications, and A/B testing platforms. We use cutting edge technologies that fuse Big Data with concepts from Machine Learning, Economics, and Data Science. These innovations help make strategic investment decisions and define the customer engagement metrics by which Amazon runs its business globally.
Economists at Amazon are solving some of the most challenging applied economics questions in the tech sector. Amazon economists apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising and other areas. Our economists build econometric models using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. A career at Amazon affords economists the opportunity to work with data of unparalleled quality, apply rigorous applied econometric approaches, and work with some of the most talented applied scientists in the trade.
The Marketing Analytics and Predictive Science (MAPS) team within CBA is looking for an experienced Economist to define the measurement plan to quantifying how our marketing strategies impacts our shoppers’ perception towards Amazon. You are a seasoned leader to define the ambiguous space. We are looking for a thought leader and you demonstrate this by delivering solutions, not just by having ideas. You will apply economic theory and quantitative methods to relate how our marketing campaigns affect these measurement metrics. We encourage you to shape the business strategy with data driven recommendations. A successful Economist has an entrepreneurial spirit and want to make a big impact on Amazon shoppers. Our primary partners are the Cross Channel and Category team. You will develop strong working relationships and thrive in a collaborative team environment. Your role requires the ability to influence a virtual team of contributors and interact with marketing executives.
The main responsibilities for this position include:
· Apply expertise in causal modeling to develop systems that describe how Amazon’s marketing campaign impacts our shopper’s perception.
· Review and audit modeling processes and results for other scientists, both junior and senior.
· Work with marketing leadership to align our measurement plan with business strategy.
· Identify new opportunities that are suggested by the data insights.
· Bring a department-wide perspective into decision making.
· Lead projects that mature our instrumentation and visibility.
· PhD in Economics.
· 3+ years of experience in a postdoctoral position, or 2+ years of experience academic research.
· Strong background in econometrics (e.g., program evaluation, forecasting, time series, panel data, and/or high dimensional problems), economic theory, and quantitative methods.
· Hands on experience with at least one of the following: R, Python, Stata.
· Experience building and growing teams of Economists or machine learning scientists.
· Be analytical and data driven.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation