At PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, our customers come first. PillPack Pharmacy is committed to building the future of pharmacy and to deliver on being the earth’s most customer centric Pharmacy. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you are passionate about the future of healthcare this is your chance to make history by joining the PillPack Fulfillment Network.
The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
· Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 50-200 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Pharmacy Fulfillment Center.
· Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the operation.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
· Interview and train both exempt and nonexempt employees.
· Accountability for setting and meeting operational goals.
· Strategic planning and forecasting; assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
· Mentor, train and develop the Area Managers and indirect reports.
· Standard Operating Procedures development and roll-out.
· This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams and communicate with senior leadership
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions.
· Willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· Currently hold or have the ability to obtain a pharmacy technician license in the state in which the FC is located.
· Management of a minimum of 50+ employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
· Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shift
· Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables.
· · Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
· MBA preferred
· Pharmacy or healthcare operations experience in a regulated industry. Preference for understanding of Board of Pharmacy Regulations, FDA, or GMP regulations.
· Familiarity with WMS systems
· Strong oral and written communication skillls
-Ability to speak to performance metrics (how, when, who)
-Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, & intelligence