Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies to enable skill developers create a world-class catalog of Alexa Skills! As Manager, Technical Program Management in the Alexa COPS Tech team, you will be instrumental in helping us create innovative ways to protect customer trust in the Alexa Skills ecosystem. The Alexa COPS (Content, Operations, Programs, and Systems) Tech organization owns services responsible for certification and live monitoring of the Alexa skills. Our team is working on solving complex, ambiguous, technical and business problems in voice security and developer productivity domains. We are uniquely positioned to serve diverse set of customers: Alexa end-users, Alexa skill developers, and Alexa feature teams.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to deliver highly visible core systems responsible for improving skill developer experience and ensuring seamless interactions with Amazon certification services. You will also be responsible for enabling SDMs & PMTs build intelligent systems that can dynamically detect customer trust busting skills in real time. The role requires working closely with business, engineering, operations teams within Alexa COPS and across Alexa partner teams to deliver high impact features. You will own regular communication with senior leadership (VP & Director level) on technology, dependency management, risk mitigation and program health. You will work with product, data, engineering, operations, policy, and marketing teams to create and drive programs to provide a delightful developer experience for our skill developers.
The TPM will:
· Manage programs and define milestones and success criteria, and successful on-time delivery.
· Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts with internal teams and external partners.
· Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
· Clearly communicate goals, schedules, priorities, status, risks and desired outcomes to stakeholders across various levels
· BS in Computer Science or related field.
· 3+ years professional experience in software development designing software solutions .
· 5+ years of experience in technical program management leading programs and launching deliverables (e.g. scoping requirements, planning deliverables, writing test specs, communicating complex technical problems, managing scope, deploying new software features and running multiple concurrent programs or projects)
· Experience providing technical system design and architectural guidance throughout the project life-cycle
· Experience translating business strategy and operating plans for new businesses into technology
· Experience communicating to cross-functional stakeholders at all leadership levels
· Experience building software systems
· Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Proven ability to build and grow world-class, diverse teams.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale enterprise software solutions.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
· Ability to fully engage with and influence technical and non-technical business teams, effectively manage expectations and resolve conflicts that balance customer and company needs.
· Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and get stuff done in highly matrixed organization.
· Ability to handle multiple, challenging priorities in a rapidly changing environment.