What we do
The Server Provisioning team builds services and tools that process and deliver the computing resources that Amazon's software teams need to build and grow their services. As an infrastructure services provider, we own the services and tools that Amazon uses to turn hardware into capacity that service teams across Amazon run their business on. What we do matters; every customer who uses Amazon's products is supported by the computing infrastructure we provide and we provide a way for customers to get the capacity they need and for the business team to responsibly manage growth and cost. Our products are used by internal software teams, we focus on minimizing the operational burden that other engineers, like yourself, experience when managing their infrastructure.
Why we need you
Amazon and Amazon Web Services are growing at an incredible rate, inventing new technology to improve the life of our customers. At this scale we are constantly stretching the elasticity of the the cloud. Our mission to help make it easy for internal software teams to grow while working with other infrastructure and AWS teams to meet these needs. You will work to deliver this end to end workflow and collaborate with your customers - including other developers, business partners, and finance teams. You will work with other engineers who have a passion for learning new technology and making your customer's lives better.
We want your passion for making a end-to-end web stack. While we are doing a lot of automation here, you will be asked to solve problems at every layer of the stack. You will share your experiences to an organization that is eager to learn. There is a lot to work on, you will be building everything from internal customer facing web services to user facing applications.
Here's what you will be doing
· Building web services and websites built on top of Amazon Web Services. Our full stack currently leverages DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, SQS, and S3.
· Building tools that analyze large amounts of data (i.e. utilization data, AWS usage, and billing data), crunch numbers and display visualizations that provide users with insight into this rich data.
· Build software to analyze hardware inventory, usage, and financial cost models to make data-driven recommendations to Amazon's business owners that significantly reduce their costs.
· We are responsible end-to-end for all products we design and launch. Every developer at Amazon uses our software.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of work experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 1+ year of work experience
· Experience with one or more modern programming language such as Ruby, C, C++, Java, or Perl on Unix Platforms.
· Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers.
· Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong UX design skills.
· Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age