At Amazon, we strive every day to be Earth’s most customer centric company. Do you want to join an innovative team who uses machine learning, statistical and advanced analytical techniques to keep Amazon the safest and most trusted place to shop online? Are you interested in guiding key business decisions that help manage the trust and safety of millions of products and transactions every day? Amazon perfect order experience team is looking for an Applied Scientist to build efficient, flexible, and scalable analytics and machine learning solutions that help us solve our most challenging problems. In this role, you will have ownership of the end-to-end development of solutions to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making. You will also work closely with scientists and economists to build analytics pipelines, platforms and solutions that solve important business problems.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
· Hands on experience with an object oriented language such as Python, C++ or Java, and a scripting language (like R) for data analytics and ML model development.
· Hands on experience with statistical analysis, applying various machine learning techniques including supervised/un-supervised learning.
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
· PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 2 years of working experience as Data Scientist.
· Hands on experience in NLP and active learning.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.