The AWS Finance Central Economics team is looking for a PhD economist. The ideal candidate will have some experience with market desgin and/or with empirical industrial organization techniques. Working knowledge of R is a plus.
You will learn about cloud products, including compute, storage, and databases. You will work on analytic projects requested by senior leadership. You will get the opportunity to learn new techniques. You will be a part of a team with many experienced economists.
· Ph.D. in economics or in a related field
· Knowledge of empirical industrial organization techniques and/or applied econ theory
· Experience in building statistical models using R, Python, STATA, or related software, with a willingness to learn and develop additional skills in causal inference, structural econometrics, machine learning, large-scale scientific / distributed computing
· Ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders, financial analysts, and product managers
· Proficiency in R or Stata.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation