Our team vision is simple: We want to provide the best product imagery in the industry to empower customers to make informed purchasing decisions.
We develop the systems that enable the business to collect, evaluate, and present high-quality photos to customers at scale. We partner with many different teams across Amazon, and apply a mix of workflows, image processing, computer vision, and machine learning to solve problems at Amazon scale. We continually innovate to detect the images we don’t want customers to see, ensure the best images we have are the ones we show, and predict what the next generation of ideal product imagery should look like.
Imaging Quality offers a dynamic workplace that is fueled by innovation and passionate collaboration in a highly multidisciplinary team. We take pride in developing cutting-edge technologies and products that are optimized for the best customer experience. Through technology, we seek to constantly increase the quality of photos, videos, and other visual media, to lower the cost of curating content, and to create innovative imaging products.
* Doctorate in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
* Research background focusing on computer vision, image processing, and/or machine learning
* 5+ years industry experience
* Able to get inspiration from literature reviews to imagine new ideas
* Track record of successfully collaborating with engineering on cutting-edge projects in a corporate environment
* Experience working within a product development team
* Proficiency in Python and Java
* Prior knowledge of Amazon Web Services
* Experience working on content authoring and/or image-processing systems
* Research experience in ML and Deep Learning for solving large-scale problems