The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth’s most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. To support this fast growing business, we are seeking a senior finance leader to own IMDb TV content and marketing finance.
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional equally comfortable thinking big and driving business direction while excelling at analyzing business inputs and making decisions in highly ambiguous situations. This person will be able to communicate effectively with executive leadership on a daily basis, tackle multiple concurrent projects, and efficiently complete deliverables. They will have a track record of understanding the inputs for successful investments, high standards, the ability to work across multiple stakeholders, and a history of leading and developing high-performing teams. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as an ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and prioritize.
This individual will have a team of two analysts and will partner directly with the IMDb TV head of marketing and content acquisition assessing content deal economics, marketing efficiency and customer LTV. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using analytical tools to extract and forecast performance metrics, have the ability to manage tight deadlines, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment.
- Own overall financial assessment and planning of content and marketing investment.
- Generate monthly financial reviews reporting on the overall health and performance of our content portfolio highlighting areas of performance risks and opportunities vs plan and overall financial insights
- Own the guardrails and efficiency targets for overall service marketing spend.
- Jointly define content predictive modeling roadmap and capabilities with partner analytics teams.
- Contribute to the annual long-term forecast and annual operating plan
- Define and track operating budgets across different segments of the business
- Audit business/financial performance regularly and coordinate with other stakeholder teams such as Prime Video and Amazon Studios
- Participate heavily in creation of Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), long-term strategy documents and deal approval documents.
- Maintain portfolio of existing financial reporting and design new mechanisms to improve visibility to drivers of performance
- Manage a team of analysts
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or related field
- 10+ years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- OR master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- History of understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements across many stakeholders
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Track record of leading and developing high-performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with digital video, digital advertising and/or entertainment industries.
- MBA or advanced business degree preferred
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle financial systems/SQL)
- Familiarity with analytical tools and modeling methods
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.