Amazon is a global organization at the forefront of the digital economy and offers a great opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Senior Tax Manager to ensure that the international tax team provides top class support to our global operations.
The Senior Manager will be expected to provide international indirect tax support to the business and will manage working with internal and external business partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as indirect tax lead for specific business lines and projects, providing quality and timely guidance
· Ensure new projects launch with indirect tax compliance requirements and processes implemented, minimizing risk and exposure to penalties
· Liaising with advisors and tax authorities on matters relating to the Amazon business
· Analyze and support legislative changes in the indirect tax field that impact Amazon
· Promote indirect tax awareness and knowledge including training, and liaising with business and tax partners on changes to systems, policies and processes.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment, this is the role for you.
· 10+ years in an indirect tax role in a multinational and / or professional organization; to include a strong understanding of indirect tax principles.
· Degree qualified or demonstrable relevant experience.
· Law or Accounting Degree.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
· Solid organizational and project management skills.
· Team player with good leadership skills who is confident in communicating with others and is able to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Experience in managing and developing staff.
· Experience in the retail or technology industry.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation