We are the Text-to-Speech Research team and our goal is to improve the core technology to improve Alexa's voice and make it more human-like and expressive.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist with a strong background in Machine/Deep Learning to join us in beautiful Cambridge, UK. Our mission is to push the envelope in computer-generated speech in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers
As an applied scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modelling techniques to advance the state-of-the-art in spoken language generation. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in computer generated speech.
· Research and implement novel Machine/Deep Learning approaches which add value to Amazon
· Lead and Mentor junior engineers and scientists
· Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for spoken language applications
· Develop and/or apply statistical modelling methods (e.g. deep neural networks), optimizations, and other ML techniques to different applications in spoken language engineering
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences or a related discipline with specialization in Speech Synthesis, Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision or Machine Learning.
· Familiarity with programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Perl.
· Experience in building speech, natural language processing and/or machine learning systems (e.g. commercial products or government speech projects)
· Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Solid software development experience
· Good written and spoken communication skills.