Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Sponsored Products (SP) is Amazon's largest and fastest growing ad business. SP ads are shown prominently throughout search and product detail pages and allow shoppers to seamlessly discover products sold on Amazon. These are native ads that appear visually similar to other content on the page, which presents a huge opportunity for growth and impact, but also a significant responsibility to protect shopper experience.
Sponsored Products Supply Organization mission is to create delightful sponsored shopping experiences through seamless access to advertising supply and a deep understanding of the Amazon shopper. This is a challenging technical and business problem, which requires us to balance the interests of shoppers, advertisers and Amazon needs. As an Applied Scientist on our Science team, you will own solutions and systems that will focus on solving problems such as 1) deep understanding of shopper intent 2) online recommenders choosing the shopper experiences 3) designing and analyzing A/B and multi variate experiments in developing new shopper experiences. Further you'll develop a data-driven product strategy to define the right quantitative measures for shopper experience and use this to evaluate decisions and opportunities.
We are looking for a talented Applied Machine Learning Scientist who who has deep passion for building machine-learning/optimization solutions; ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and to apply scientific knowledge to business applications.
As an Applied Scientist on our team, you will:
· Conduct hands-on data analysis, build large-scale machine-learning models and pipelines.
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production.
· Run regular A/B experiments, gather data, perform statistical analysis, and communicate the impact to senior management.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Provide technical leadership, research new machine learning approaches to drive continued scientific innovation.
· Be a member of the Amazon-wide Machine Learning Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences.
· Master's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, or related quantitative field
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models for online recommendation, personalization, or search, etc.
· Experience in computational advertising technology is a big plus
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
#adsto #sspajobs #sspasv