The Data Scientist will work closely with other product managers, software developers and finance operational teams to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find novel and scalable quantitative methods to optimize the Customer experience. The Scientist will partner with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches that will drive productivity and accuracy throughout our order to cash cycle. Our scientists work closely with software engineers and operational teams to put algorithms into practice and measure the impact on customers.
The key strategic objectives for this role include:
· Understanding drivers, impacts, and key influences on cash application operations for a large-scale Amazon business
· Optimizing automated cash application technology to improve the customer experience and increase operational productivity
· Helping to build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and make decisions in real time
· Automating feedback loops for algorithms in production
· Utilizing Amazon systems and tools to effectively work with terabytes of data
· Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Decision Science, Statistics, or equivalent)
· Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.)
· 4+ years of relevant working experience in an analytical and model building role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
· 4+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL, Hadoop/Hive)
· Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data from different product groups and business functions
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Experience working with high volume operational processes and partnering with front line operators
· A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 8+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval, XGBoost, LightGBM, ElasticNet.
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker.
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval
· Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes