We are looking for a talented Associate Corporate Counsel to support our Selling Partner Recruitment and Development team. You will partner with these critical teams as they recruit and develop all brands in the world and all resellers that add value for Amazon customers with complete selection, world class fulfillment, and excellent customer experience. You will (i) help these teams identify areas of risk (legal, reputational, and compliance) (ii) help guide the launch of new programs in coordination with other legal teams at Amazon; and (iii) serve as lead counsel on strategic deals and providing day to day legal advice.
Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling to a fast-moving and innovative team of business leaders on product launches and other program, drafting and negotiating strategic commercial agreements and advising on compliance issues.
· J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar is required
· 2+ years of attorney experience
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Proven ability to execute projects to achieve meaningful positive results
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.