Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented attorney to support Amazon Web Services (AWS), a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com that is at the forefront of the cloud computing industry. AWS provides its customers with IT infrastructure services ranging from on-demand compute, storage, database, and network and content delivery, to artificial intelligence, mobile, internet of things, and more.
As Corporate Counsel, AWS Products, you will partner with AWS service teams to develop, launch and support AWS services worldwide. You will serve as one of the primary lawyers responsible for counseling business teams on a broad range of product, commercial, technology, privacy, and regulatory matters, as well as structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, providing day-to-day advice, serving as lead counsel for strategic deals and relationships, and setting up structural solutions that enable clients to achieve their business objectives as efficiently as possible. The role will support the AWS EC2 and Storage product groups on new product development (identifying legal risks and proposing mitigation strategies and negotiating strategic and technology licensing agreements). The role includes participating in other Amazon.com legal projects as directed, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation based on experience and includes equity compensation.
· Juris Doctor (J.D.) and admitted to at least one state bar (or equivalent)
· 5+ years of sophisticated legal experience
· Familiarity with IP licensing and other technology transactions
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Sound and practical business judgment
· A proven ability to manage a large number and variety of critical projects, often in ambiguous environments
· 6+ years of legal experience with technology-related legal and regulatory matters
· In-house experience at a technology company
· Familiarity with open source licensing
· Familiarity with web services/cloud computing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.