Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Alexa voice service and Echo device business.
You’ll be an integral part of the legal team responsible for counseling the Alexa business on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology, and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic issues and deals, providing day-to-day input on business and strategy, advising on the launch of new products and features, resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways, and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media, privacy, and regulatory compliance, and structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated technology, distribution, licensing, marketing and other commercial agreements. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· JD degree and membership in at least one state bar is required
· At least 5 full years of experience practicing law, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions
· 3+ years' experience in a top national or international law firm
· In-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.