Amazon tops the 2018 Harris Poll for most reputable company, scoring first for Emotional Appeal, Products & Services, and Financial Performance, and top ten for Vision & Leadership and Workplace Environment. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
In AWS Finance, you will work with exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who believe financial partnership is critical to customer success. We benefit from diverse experiences and perspectives and are committed to inclusion as a business advantage and the right thing to do. The growth of AWS and scope of Amazon’s business create opportunities to grow your career and broaden experience in any direction you choose. As a pioneer in cloud services, AWS lets you apply data, creativity, and analytical ability, to completely new challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
Infrastructure’s Networking business team is responsible for deploying network capacity to meet our customers’ extraordinary growth, while maintaining control as we scale. Our business partners develop and operate the network platform for all of Amazon, including e-commerce products and AWS cloud computing solutions, and is critical to our customers’ success.
The Finance Manager will partner primarily with the Infrastructure Supply Chain business team, plus multiple Finance to execute large scale projects to ensure the teams to ensure we deploy
This role will partner closely with the business teams to understand the financial impact of supply chain strategies and decisions. This individual will participate in business reviews, continuing and new-initiatives. Successfully identify gaps, create processes to close gaps with the information available, as well as identify opportunities to deliver customer needs. All while maintaining strong vendor relations, manage the supply chain at optimal levels, while minimizing our spend.
A successful individual should be highly collaborative and organized. You should be capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers. You should feel comfortable working across multiple teams and drive alignment for goals and deliverables. Must be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Key responsibilities for this role would include:
· Partner with Supply Chain business leaders and execute supply strategies
· Manage cross-functional projects and push for aligned goals and objectives
· Engage with and influence broad set of business partners by bringing financial perspective to business decisions, understanding core business drivers, identify opportunities and provide recommendations based on analytical framework
· Identify and drive cost reduction -out opportunities with fact based analytics
· Drive automation, efficiency, and accuracy by partnering with business operations and other process owners
· Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities
· Financial reporting of NPVs, KPIs, metrics, and Supply Chain’s Opex budgeting and financial results
· Continuous improvement and process automation mindset
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum of & 7+ years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 5+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· MBA preferred
· Identify and drive cost-out opportunities with fact based analytics
· Knowledge of SQL, Power Query, or similar BI tools
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to quantify and dollarize complex business questions
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep on ambiguous challenges and deliver actionable insight
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Ability to work well with cross functional teams and present ideas to a group of senior level managers
· Demonstrated curiosity to learn complex new subjects quickly and earn business partners’ trust
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.