Amazon's Intelligent Cloud Control Group in Berlin is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to develop data science implementations that will revolutionize the way Amazon manages its cloud computing infrastructure. With an ever-growing number of fleets, developers, customers, products, marketplaces, sellers, and businesses the Amazon service graph is one of the largest and most complex technical ecosystems in the world. We are building an Intelligent Cloud Control system that enables Amazon businesses (Retail, Amazon Video, Kindle, and more) to accelerate innovation in the cloud.
As a data scientist in the Intelligent Cloud Control team, you'll partner with technology and business teams to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. We develop cutting edge algorithms that involve learning from large datasets such as monitoring telemetry and logs from every host at Amazon. You will own mining these vast datasets for business insights, developing prototypes to evaluate the viability of new approaches, and designing sustainable data products from these opportunities. You will collaborate with software development engineers to integrate your models into the customer experience.
You will work on mathematical and data problems with a large element of unpredictability. You will analyze and process large amounts of data to find insights that impact every development team at Amazon. You will develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches using statistical models, machine learning algorithms, and big data solutions. The products you deliver will revolutionize the way that the Amazon website responds to operational issues, leveraging the most recent advances in machine learning and distributed computing to build automatic remediation systems that cut through the noise and surface emergent issues in real-time.
We’re looking for a scientist capable of using data science and other quantitative techniques to design, evaluate, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
· Master's degree in a quantitative field with 4 years of industry experience, or Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with 8 years of industrial experience
· Proficient in Python, R, or a similar scripting language
· PhD in quantitative field
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment
· Experienced in building workflows involving large datasets and/or machine learning models in production using distributed computing and big data processing concepts and technologies
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment