We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive scientist to help build industry-leading technologies in speech translation. Our team's mission is to enable Alexa to break down language barriers for our customers .
As an Applied Scientist on the Alexa Translations team, you will be responsible for developing novel algorithms that advance the state-of-the-art in speech translation, driving model and algorithmic improvements, formulating evaluation methodologies and for influencing design and architecture choices. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to build novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will work in a hybrid, fast-paced organization where scientists and engineers work together and drive improvements to production. You will collaborate with and mentor other scientists to raise the bar of scientific research in Amazon.
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, machine translation or machine learning.
· Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python.
· 1+ years experience in building speech recognition, machine translation and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
· 1+ years Machine Learning experience and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
· Familiarity with standard speech and machine learning techniques, scientific thinking, and the ability to invent
· 5+ years experience in building speech recognition, machine translation and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
· 5+ years Machine Learning experience and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Strong software development skills
· Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age