Prime Video is a global, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contributes to customer loyalty and lifetime value. It is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. The Prime Video and Music Economist team specializes in high-impact strategic analysis and modeling to improve the Prime Video flywheel. Now, the team is looking for a Senior Applied Scientist to develop and own new models individually and in partnership with other scientists on the team.
As an Applied Scientist focusing on Amazon Video, you will be responsible for understanding the value that the business creates for our customers and to develop new, disruptive innovations to grow global Prime Video usage and customer value. This role requires an individual with strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply statistical/machine learning, econometric, and experimental design methods to large amount of individual level data. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
· Build scalable analytic solutions using state of the art tools based on large datasets
· Build econometric models, conduct statistical/machine learning analyses, or design experiments to measure the value of the business and its many features
· Partner closely with Business, Finance, Science, and Tech partners to build prototypes and implement production solutions
· Develop and execute product work plans from concept to scalable production models
· Write technical white papers and business-facing documents to clearly explain complex technical concepts to audiences with diverse business/scientific backgrounds
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology
· 5+ years of Product management experience in technology or SaaS companies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve,
support scope of requirements and prioritize, with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
· Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time and quality
· An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in fast-paced environment
· Background in statistics, data science or ML
· Excellent writing/presentation skills, including experience writing PRFAQs and owning QBR/OP1 documents presented at VP level or above
· Solid understanding of trends in the video and music domains
· Knowledge of AWS architecture for ML products (e.g. Apache Spark)
· Demonstrated ability to turn customer needs and pain points into innovative products.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Exceptional passion for delivering world-class customer experiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.