About the Analytics Team :
The Analytics team is a small, central group in the AWS Support & Managed Services organisation. The team comprises members from a range of skill-sets such as Strategy & Planning, Data Science and Business Intelligence. The Analytics team is responsible for pushing our Product, Process and Customer understanding and insight beyond the here and now to create value for the long-term.
About the Role:
If you love driving critical thinking and insight into challenging, unstructured problems and working with leaders in the organization to bring those insights into action, this role is for you. This is a hands-on role, however, being a part of a small team gives opportunity to take ownership of the customer / business problem across the spectrum.
Data Science Analytics topics include, but not limited to:
1. Product / Value Proposition design
2. Customer Experience improvement
3. Business Planning & Forecasting
4. Predictive Analytics (a number of customer-centric use-cases)
5. NLP / Text mining to identify themes in customer feedback
5-10+ years of experience in Data Science and Analytics
Preferred Qualifications (any one or more):
· Advance degree (PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning or a related field.
· Advanced knowledge of big data analytics technologies.
· Experience owning problem-solving end to end
· Strong business / commercial acumen
· Willingness to learn and stretch beyond comfort zones
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate complex analytics and findings to a broader audience
· Strong hands-on skills in complex problem solving, programming and computer science fundamentals