Amazon's eCommerce Services Group is looking for highly motivated java developers to join the Shipping Platform team to create new generation of user experience. Work for the Shipping Platform team and get a chance to touch the full spectrum of Amazon technologies!
We are looking for Fresh College Graduate or software engineers with less than 1 year of Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
The Shipping Platform team owns the computation of shipping charges and shipping offer eligibility for all Amazon.com websites, Amazon.com affiliates and 3rd Party sellers. Shipping charges and shipping offer eligibility are computed for billions of items for Amazon’s worldwide business and the results are surfaced to our buying customers in all marketplaces in all regions. Our services are architected to handle complex computations and process approximately 2 billion transactions per hour. The team’s main focus is innovation in customer experience and building the next generation shipping platform and tools to serve the rapidly growing item selection on Amazon.com as well as new business ventures.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and problem solving
· Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or Engineering
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Previous technical internship(s) preferred