Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast paced mission to deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
You will be responsible for validating the health of the thermal hardware and software architecture through development and ramp of a product. You are responsible for approving the thermal design is robust and meets the intended product requirements and expectations. A successful candidate will be passionately biased towards hands-on hardware validation, associated test methods, development of innovative/creative test validation workflows, automation of test workloads and device health analysis, along with a demonstrated working understanding of device thermal design. You will also demonstrate a strong desire to learn from new challenges, and demonstrate well developed problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive, fast paced and diverse team. You will also be responsible for communicating device health status with internal customers and partners, coaching and mentoring sister organizations in best known validation practices. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and agility to respond to changing product contexts/requirements.
In this role, you will:
· Validate thermal design architectures against their ability to meet product commits – be the single voice of thermal health of a device through your dedicated empirical test validation efforts
· Contribute towards development of device requirements, validation metrics and associated software and hardware definitions
· Be well versed in empirical thermal data collection methods including (but not limited to) device thermal instrumentation, AC and DC power supplies, and wide range of data acquisition systems (power, performance and thermals)
· Be well versed in software tools like Android ADB or Python or equivalent to standardize, automate and enhance test throughput and quality
· Understand software framework to debug device software, and ensure timely communication of thermal validation and device health
· Own driving future improvements of the thermal validation process
· Use of programming languages like Python and Matlab for analytical/statistical analyses and automation
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of hands on test and validation experience, with knowledge of thermal metrology tests
· Proficient in Python scripting or equivalent experience with object-oriented programming
· Operational experience using Android ADB and Labview (or equivalent)
· Master’s or PhD degree
· Demonstrated design experience with consumer electronics enclosure materials
· Master’s degree or PhD in mechanical engineering or related field
· Demonstrated understanding of the consumer electronics design process
· Creo Systems knowledge, Experience with Matlab or other engineering tools for modeling dynamic systems
· This position will require international travel
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.